Join Our Team! CNC Lathe Technician
Is “good enough” not good enough for you? Do you like working independently? Do you thrive when you have the freedom to get the job done without someone looking over your shoulder? You might be our next rock star operator!
At Western Spindle, we are a close-knit team dedicated to making beautiful architectural millwork for customers all over North America. To do that, we invest in the best equipment, materials, and people. We work hard with 4 10-hour days, and play hard with 3-day weekends. We pay our crew above market rates for producing above market results.
About the CNC Lathe Technician role:
- You’ll be in charge of a new state-of-the-art German made fully automatic hopper fed 5 axis CNC lathe/mill.
- Primary activitIes: setting up and running the lathes, loading drawings, designing tool paths, drawing parts in CAD, machine maintenance, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Lots of variety to your work. Every person in this small company is a key player, so you must be willing to jump in wherever needed to meet customer schedules and expectations. This includes running saws, planers, shapers, forklift, painting, shipping, etc.
If you prefer to be told what to do and how to prioritize your work, this isn’t the job for you. You’ll be working mostly independently. Make a game plan with your 3 to 5 teammates, and get to it! We do not babysit or micromanage, so professionalism and an extremely good work ethic is a must.
Benefits of working at Western Spindle:
- Largely independent work. Make a game plan with your teammates, and get to it (without someone breathing down your neck!).
- Pay level above the “going rate”
- 4 day workweeks, 10 hr. days. 3 day weekends every week!
- Paid holidays
- Paid Christmas vacation
- Investment matching
- Be a part of a dynamic, fast growing company with a solid 12 year track record and a very bright future.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is fluent in CAD. We run MegaCAD, although other CAD program knowledge and experience may be sufficient if you’re willing to learn.
- Has education and/or experience running CNC machines, including manipulating code.
- Is able to draw 2D parts in CAD.
- Is committed to constant improvement.
- Brings a positive, happy attitude is a job requirement. We have fun at work, and don’t want someone dragging us down!
From our “ABOUT US” page:
We are a family-owned shop dedicated to creating quality custom porch components that complete your home or commercial property and that always exceed expectations. No matter the size of your project–from a few feet of rail in front of a dormer window to supplying a series of hotels at a resort–we pride ourselves in delivering quality architectural millwork to your door fast and easy, and right when you need them.
Quality is at the heart of our business. From the materials we select, the wood we mill and the options we provide; not sacrificing quality even as we seek to provide fast, timely service; making sure it’s always in the customer experience as you talk to and order from us; and finally in the results you see when you’ve installed and finished your project.
We work, live and produce all of our wood products locally in Western Montana. If you can’t find us at work in the shop, you’ll find us out back sharing stories around the bonfire. Stop by and you’ll find the grill sizzling with burgers, the cooler freshly stocked and the smell of burning wood scraps in the air.
We ship to all 50 states, as well as Canada, and are able to maintain reasonable shipping prices because of our high volume and lack of sales tax.
We are always here to help you. Call or email to discuss your project and we can help you work through all of the options, prices and installation instructions you’ll need to create the perfect porch railing and millwork for your project.